Friday, March 23, 2012

Moving On

Things are getting better with Josh every day. We went to the doctor last week and found out that his tumor was stage 3 cancer and we caught it before it went to stage 4. We also found out that the cancer didn't spread anywhere!! Yay!!! He will need to go in every 3 months for the next year for a CT scan and then every year after that. It is so amazing and now he just needs to recover.

It has been so nice to see him up and around the house. I can feel it getting back to the way it used to be. He gets tired pretty quickly but his spirits are up, he looks great, and he doesn't have any cancer in his body anymore!!

I am doing ok. It has only been two weeks and it feels like two months has passed. I am tired. I feel it catching up to me. The good news is we were able to get on Josh's insurance so I gave a two week notice and I am done working on April 6th. I am so excited to be a full time mom and get our home back in order.

I also decided that I want to run the Utah Valley Half Marathon and I want to raise money for cancer research. So I am running in honor of my husband in order to raise money for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. Josh named our team. It is "Beards vs. Cancer." I love it! If you want to donate you can do so and I would love it!! Just click here!!

We feel the prayers still and we need them. Faith has carried us through this. Where would we be without faith? Without knowing that there is more for us then the trial at hand? I know without a doubt that without faith we would have never made it through this.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing story! Wishing your family the best. You're a strong mother and wife and good luck in the marathon!

    ReplyDelete