Tuesday, June 11, 2013

RIP Honda Element

I keep letting too much time pass in between my blog posts. I was actually on updating Sister Rebecca Knell's blog and I thought I should update mine.

Last week, on Tuesday June 4th, I was in a very serious car accident with my two babies. We were going to a friends house for dinner and I was getting on the freeway at about 5:00 pm when a car cut me off. The car hit it's brakes and then swerved in to my lane, right after I had just moved lanes, and I jerked my wheel to the left to try to avoid them and I lost control of the car and spun out over 5 lanes of traffic. I was hit twice, once in the front and once in the back. Some how we were ok and we were not injured. It was scary. My neck was hurting and the babies were screaming. However, there were amazing people that came to help us. There was a nurse, an EMT, a retired EMT, and an off duty police officer. Josh was at school so the nurse sent him a text from my phone - which scared the crap out of him.

Our car was totaled. I am impressed with how well it actually held up though. I have never felt the fear that I felt last week. I thought for a split second I was going to die and my babies were going to die. I thought about Josh and how he was going to lose his family. But when the car stopped and we were alive and the kids seemed to be ok I just cried. I don't know if I cried because of how scary it was, the fact that I totaled the car, or because we were still alive - but I cried a lot.

The next day Landon started throwing up and wouldn't stop. We called his doctor and they told us because of the accident it could be a late brain bleed so we needed to take him to the ER. We did and the ER doctor was so great. He wanted to give Landon a CT scan but then he stopped and said "I just asked myself if this was my kid what would I want. I would want the vomiting under control and then watch him." So that is what we did. He told us later he didn't want to expose Landon's brain to radiation. Then he told Josh "thank you for trusting me."

It was terrible to see my little Landon limp in Josh's arms and not know what was wrong. That was one of the hardest moments for me as a mom. It was such a devastating week. But it is over now. Josh was able to take the two days after off from work and we spent it together as a family. It was so nice to just love each other and be a family. I know, without a doubt, that we were being watched over by angels. I really do know that it wasn't my time or Landon's or Lily's time to go. I love my family so much. I love my husband and my babies. I'm so grateful for that car. I really think that car saved our lives. I am still having a hard time sleeping but I am getting over what happened. Here is a little glimpse of the wreckage.






No comments:

Post a Comment