Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Love My Landon

I feel like Landon has grown in to a boy over night. He used to be so crazy and run away from me the second I put him down. Now he listens and he talks to me. I love our conversations. He has become so smart and he asks me about everything. I try to listen to everything he tells me and I answer all of his questions. I don't find it annoying at all, in fact I find it fascinating how fast his little brain works. Kids learn so quickly and they pick up on EVERYTHING! 

Landon has become completely obsessed with space shuttles and rockets. He knows the difference between a space shuttle and rocket - watch out if you call it by the wrong thing. He could seriously watch rocket launches for hours if I would let him. He always steals my phone and when I find him he is looking at images of space shuttles. He can even count down from 10. It is crazy how much he loves them and how much he knows about them. He will tell you all about astronauts and he builds Lego rockets all by himself. And they look amazing! 

The things that come out of his mouth kill me. The other day he said to me "I love my bum. I love it!" I laughed for a long time. He thinks that he is the funniest person ever. When we show him videos of himself or turn the camera so he can see himself he laughs forever. He is awesome. 

My gosh I love this kid. When I think about how fast he is growing up it makes me a little sad. But then I think about how awesome he is right now and I love it. Everyone told me that 2-3 were the worst years but my hardest (so far) has been 18 months - 2 1/2. I felt like he would never listen to me and that he just didn't care what I had to say at all. Now that I can reason with him and talk to him it has been a lot better. I can calm his tantrums down and I know what to say and do to not get him so upset. He really loves me and we have a very special bond.

He loves his sister too. It has been so funny to watch the two of them now that she is crawling around everywhere! Every time Lily falls asleep in the car he looks at her and screams "SURPRISE!!" We always have to tell him not to wake her but I laugh every time because it is so funny. He will sometimes act like he doesn't want her around and then when she goes down for a nap or to sleep at night he will instantly ask "where's baby?" He even has started sharing with her.....a little. He likes to take stuff from her for sure, but today he had a cracker and Lily dropped hers on the ground so he went over to her and gave her his and said "here you go baby". It was very sweet. My heart feels like it might burst sometimes when I look at them. I love every moment. 

Being a mom has been harder than I ever thought it would be, but I feel like in the past few months I have learned to really embrace it. There are times where I think I might just scream at the top of my lungs to get my frustrations out but since that would scare the crap out of the kids I don't do that. Sure I can't go to the bathroom without both of them following me, I can't even get a sip of water without them wanting some too, I can't walk in the other room right now without Lily feeling like I may never come back again, and there are days where I don't get a shower until late at night but I love it. I truly love this amazing calling. I feel so blessed to be their mom. And I hear one crying so I will leave with this cute picture of Landon! 


1 comment: