Thursday, June 9, 2011

We Don't Need No Water Let this Mother Burn!

My office is in downtown Provo right across the street from the Nu Skin building. It is one of those really pretty old historic buildings but if you worked in it you would know that it is a piece of poop. The landlord is a momma's boy who literally sleeps somewhere in the basement because it is free rent. The bathrooms are always disgusting (I couldn't go in them when I was pregnant because I would literally throw up every time). It is so hot right when the seasons change and then freezing at the other end of the year. The ceiling is always leaking and our momma's boy landlord decides that we need some ugly artsy decorations instead of a functional office space.

And then there was today........ Once again we came in to the office and smelt gas. My office is in the front where that big balcony is on center street. I was sitting at my desk and I thought "wow that gas smell is really strong." So I went up front and one of the girls, Jessica, asked if I smelt gas too - well yes I do!! We decided that since we loved our families it was probably smart to call Questar and get the heck out of the building. We called them and then called the momma's boy (who of course didn't answer because he was probably fast asleep in the basement) and then we hauled on out of there. The police and fire department came.


So we waited outside hoping the building wouldn't blow up! And why?!?! Because the dumb dumbs below us left the stove on with the flame blown out all night. A.G.A.I.N. Seriously people! Don't own a restaurant if you don't know how to work a stove. Needless to say we didn't blow up today. Let's hope nothing happens tomorrow : ) Probably shouldn't have said anything in case momma's boy and the restaurant owner seriously follow my blog (bahahaha)........

1 comment:

  1. I love that you say dumb dumbs. Makes me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete